This week I've been working on a pros and cons list. It was a little harder than I thought. So here is what I have come up with.
Quitting my job:
* Regular Sleeping Schedule
* More time for my Etsy Shop
* Flexible Schedule
* No more Zombie Shifts! (9pm-5am)
* More time to Crochet
* All Holidays Off
* Spend more time with Family and Friends
* More time to Read
* 8 hours of sleep every night
* Save money on gas / wear and tear on my car
* No more working on Black Fridays
* Less Stress
* Boredom / loneliness
* Less social interaction
* no employee discount
* no yearly income (making less money on Etsy... right now :) )
So there you have it. I'm not sure how to word the last con. Right now, I'm making more at my part-time job than I am on Etsy. But that could change. Or not. I'm not looking to make a lot of money, just a profit. Or just enough money to buy more yarn! :) I'm not expecting my Etsy shop to replace my part time job. I just want to have fun with it.
Here's a list of some alternative activities I could do:
* Work/Volunteer at the library
* Take Art classes (Pottery, Painting, Photography, etc.)
* Join Curves
* Learn to cook more homemade meals
* Start painting and drawing again
* Read more
* Learn to sew
* Do other hobbies: Cross stitch and Knit
I have more Pros than Cons, but I'm not sure some of the pros can really be called pros. And this list looks nice, but will I really stick with it?
I'm thinking of leaving in December now, instead of November. I want to leave on a good note. Black Friday is coming up, and I don't want them to be mad at me for leaving before then. So I will stick it out and work one more black Friday shift. I'm not sure when my last week will be, but I know I will leave before Christmas.
Let me know what you all think!! Thanks!