Thursday, October 10, 2013

DYI Project for me!

I have 5 one gallon ziploc bags fulls of little balls of yarn that I can't see to throw away, yet I don't have much use for them. So I've be collecting, and collecting for many years now. I'm so glad I didn't throw them away. I found a use for them!

A Yarn Bomb Wreath!








Supplies:

* 14 inch Styrofoam wreath form
* Pins ( I used white ball head pins)
* Scrap yarn

Yep! Only 3 supplies!






This project is super easy! I didn't take any step by step photos though. Once I got started I didn't want to stop.

First I wrapped yarn tightly around the wreath form. And I weaved the ends with a needle in the back of the wreath form.

Then I crocheted various sized circles. And I layered them and pinned them on the wreath form with the while ball pins. 

And that's it!

And sadly, it didn't take as much yarn as I thought it would. So I still have about 4, one gallon bags of scrap yarn that I need to find something to do with.












No comments:

Post a Comment