Tuesday, February 2, 2010

DTDL Crafters


So I've been going to this small (but growing) group of crafters for about 2 months now. At first I was I little hesitate to go back. There was only 2 people there, and I felt like the third wheel. I felt a little uncomfortable. But I went again, and it's wasn't so bad. I'm a really shy person and it's hard for me to meet new people. But each time I go, I feel more comfortable talking with the people there. I'm not giving them my life's story yet, but it's nice to talk with people that love yarn, crocheting/knitting as much as I do. It just isn't the same as talking with the hubby about it.

There is one person that blows my mind away. She started coming a couple of weeks ago. She's done some knitting, but she loves to crochet. And she is blind. I'm simply amazed. I can't believe it. I'm just in awe every time she comes in.

I'm so glad that I made myself go to this. And thanks to my hubby for telling me to go! Everyone is so nice, and I can learn a lot from these amazing women!

The past couple of weeks the group has grown. Started out with 3, then 6, then 12! I'm really surprised seeing new faces! I wonder if any new people will show up today?

With that said, today is the DTDL Crafters meeting! 3pm-4pm!

1 comment:

  1. Cool!!! Someday... someday. Perhaps when the tots are of school age I can join you!

    ReplyDelete